SILK SHIRTS & MATTE LIPS

23 September


Today I thought I'd do my makeup properly and show you that you don't have to be a makeup artist to look "well put together". All you need is a good coverage foundation and good lighting!

Makeup is fun for me, I try not to take it too seriously. I love lipsticks, (liquid ones at the minute), and love the minimal vibe. This look that I've created today is a bit different for me as I wouldn't normally wear a bold lip like this unless it was a special occasion or unless I was going on a night out. My everyday lip is either a classic nude colour or I use tinted vaseline. It's fun to experiment and think I should step out of my comfort zone a bit more sometimes. 

I wore this beautiful silk shirt from ASOS and I think it made my makeup look a bit more romantic and gave off a "date night vibe". The matte, bold lip really brings the outfit and face together as I made sure the rest of the products I used weren't heavy, instead I wanted a dewy base and strong lip.

Let me know if you guys like this kind of post as it's something different. I'm not a beauty guru but I do enjoy buying makeup and this post was really fun to shoot and style.

I will list the products I have used below and you can check them out if you want to buy them too :)



I also used Mac's Iridescent Pressed Power in the shade, Sparkling Rose, however, I think it's been discontinued :(


Love Elle 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe