WHY WE STILL OBSESS OVER GOSSIP GIRL

06 September

"Three words, eight letters, say it and I'm yours..." Oh please Chuck just save us all the heartache and tell her you love her!

Gossip Girl has been a part of my life on and off since I was 12. I remember watching it for the first time and being transfixed by the glitz and the glamour of Manhattan's elite, the high fashion and how the show was basically a love letter to New York City. I think that's why I've always wanted to visit NYC, Gossip Girl made the appeal to travel there stronger. 

Here are my top favourite things about Gossip Girl:

The Characters;
I loved how complex the characters were. How everyone had their own story and how we as viewers were able to relate to them. I could see myself in Blair, a girl who everyone believed had her life together but had her own personal insecurities. Jenny, who tried so desperately to fit in but ended up being way cooler just being herself, (even though that was a journey that lasted a life time!) And even Serena, who was so complicated but had her friends around her to keep her grounded.



I have to say it, Chuck Bass is one of the best characters in TV ever. That tone of voice, his fashion sense, his confidence and of course his unconditional love for Blair. No matter how many times I watch the show I'm in awe of his character. Every time he says "I'm Chuck Bass..." I cannot help but swooooooon! I feel like I'm 15 again! Why didn't any boys I go to school with have that Chuck Bass charm? I'm still gutted...

The Fashion;
From cocktail parties, brunches and birthday's Gossip Girl made everyone look glamorous! Everyone just looked so good always! I watched a behind the scenes episode about the fashion on the show a while back, (superfan status!) and it was so interesting to hear about how designers were cuing at the door wanting to dress the characters. I mean even Vera Wang herself made an appearance in the show! That's a huge deal! She even designed Blair's wedding dress in the 100th Episode of the show.


Every outfit that Blake Lively (Serena) wore on the show was amazing. She quickly became a style icon for me and I'm a genuine fan of her outside of the show now. Her KILLER figure makes everything she wears look stunning and effortless. I think any girl who watched the show wanted to be her just a little bit...I know I did, and still kind of do...damn her girl beach waves and long legs!

New York City
They even have a real life Gossip Girl Tour in NYC where you can hop on a bus and see filming locations. How amazing would that be?! Sitting on the MET steps, staying at the Empire Hotel, living in a cool Brooklyn Loft. It seems like the dream right? Gossip Girl managed to give you a tour of the city without leaving the comfort of your home. Every episode I watch gives me a sense of Wanderlust and I just can't seem to shake it. Upper East Side, I'll be seeing you someday...xoxo



Elle
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe