THE PHOTOGRAPHY DIARIES #1

10 September

I love taking photos. I whip my iphone out at any opportunity. On a night out, at a gig or festival, seeing something pretty walking down the street. I can't help it, I've been told I have an eye for it. And that truly is a big compliment to me. I think my love of photography really blossomed when I made a Tumblr account when I was 15...so 5 years ago. To this day I found an amazing creative platform for freelance photographers to share their work and inspire others. 

I'm also really obsessed with editing. I'm no professional, I edit all of my photos on my iphone 6s. But it's therapeutic. I could sit there for hours testing out different way to edit the contrast and brightness of a photo. That might sound really weird to some people, which I get, but it's something I really enjoy doing.

I would like to start taking more photos of people, that's my own personal photography goal. I follow a lot of people on Instagram and Tumblr who are incredibly talented and it inspires me further. 

Check these people out:
.

@bambaswim - They are a swimwear brand based in Australia, but I love their brand, their Instagram is really cool and full of beautiful women with an 80's feel to the photo's which I LOVE.

@pureheartss - This Instagram account is basically a collection of photo's which have been founded from Tumblr. It's a really fun account that incorporates everything I find interesting about photography.

@35mmmagazine - This account is really cool. They don't alter their models faces or bodies. It's raw and fresh. "Nothing has been retouched no body altered, no scar removed, we photographed what we saw. Don't edit me."

@calcuim.needles - My friend Alicja or Allie has I've always called her has a really cool instagram feed. I think she has talent. Her photos have an edge to them, yet they seem very carefree and not fussed about with. I think that's what I love most about them they're very natural shots.

@erikabowes - A girl I have been following on social media for years! I found her blog and thought she was so cool. She's edgy, has her own unique style and seems to have really taken off and seems to be doing amazing things. She is strikingly beautiful and now is a photographer and stylist travelling the world. It just shows what a blog can do for your career!

However as of right now, I have a small collection of photos that I'm really proud of. A collection from my travels over the past two years. They are all landscape shots, (apart from one). I hope to make another post like this in the near future with more people in them. But please see below for the first part of my photography journey. 


Barcelona 2016
Reading Festival 2016
Caoimhe, Brighton 2016
Paris 2015
Amsterdam 2016
Flying over England 2016
Hyde Park 2016
Home 2016
Ireland 2015
Bedroom Window Views 2016
          
Tower Bridge 2016
Brighton 2016

For more photos, please follow my Instagram account: ElleMch_

Love Elle 
x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous! The sky colors in the picture taken from your bedroom window are absolutely stunning!

    I checked out those Instagram accounts and I'm definitely going to follow your friend Allie. I really liked her style!
    Let me recommend you some accounts I think you might like: misspotterphd, ___izzyyy, and linda_lomelino.

    Salha | The Journeys of a Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Salha! I really appreciate it. Thank you for the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out xx

      Delete

Subscribe