GOODBYE 2016

31 December


MY CURRENT SITUATION IS NOT MY FINAL DESTINATION - UNKNOWN


2016 has been turbulent, to say the least. However, instead of focusing on the bad stuff, We're going to focus on the things that made me smile this year. Here is a list of my favourite moments 2016 had to offer me:

Rolling in the New Year with one of my oldest best friends in a Brixton Club. Surrounded by a good vibe, good people and a whole lot of flashing lights.

Travelling to Brighton for the weekend with my friend from Ireland, having a beach view room and watching the sunset. Sunset views I will never tire of, no matter where I am in the world.

The empty train home from Brighton by myself, book in hand which I purchased from a charity shop for £1...I never did finish it, but I really enjoyed that moment of reflection.

The girls trip to Dublin and first Airbnb experience. Noel, you're a legend.

Amsterdam, a place that has my heart: I would go back in a heartbeat.

Watching Adele from one of the highest points in the O2 Arena, and proceeding to cry my eyes out..too much to drink perhaps? (Listen to "Million Years Ago")

Berlin, a creepy Airbnb experience, but a weekend filled with belly laughs and roof-top bars.

Soul Sundays at the Scoop in London, free music, Sunday drinking and beautiful weather.

Following a dream of mine to share my writing with the world and landing a contributor role for Career Girl Daily, nothing more amazing that having your first article published and having your friends shower you with love and support.

Barcelona, you were gorgeous. I got very sunburnt but what I would do to be back on that beach with a frozen margarita and a cheesy Giovanna Fletcher novel.

Summer Festivals, V Festival Dance Tent, I am your slave! Reading Festival, I will never forget The 1975 playing Robbers. You looked SO cool.

Booking my dream break to Los Angeles, I can't wait, it doesn't feel real.

Finding my love for photography and writing again, it's filled a void.

Quitting a job that I hated and did it on my own terms and for MYSELF, high 5 for my new found confidence. Bring on 2017. 


Re-reading over this list, who am I to complain? I had an amazing summer, so amazing it all went by in such a blur I had to refer back to Instagram just to make sure it happened. I've learned you have to just sometimes take the plunge, you never know what could happen. Life is a series of trial and error, no one has "The Perfect Life", no matter how hard people try and perceive it online. 

2017 will see a new chapter, I will leave old thoughts behind and focus on new memories and new adventures. This will be a challenging year, with some plans already set in stone, others in the pipeline, I will try to head into the new year with optimism, strength, and self-belief. Anything is possible. Let's hope if I'm still writing this blog next year that my list of achievements and adventures will be bigger and better...

I hope 2017 treats you well.

Love
Elle
x



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe