EASY SKINCARE

06 December

"CONFIDENCE LEVEL: 
SELFIE WITH NO FILTER" - UNKNOWN


That's the goal isn't it, to feel confident enough to leave the house and not feel self-conscious about your skin? I'm not there yet, but I can leave the house without foundation to pop to the shops, yes I know, it's a revelation! My skin is very sensitive, I get burnt easily in the sun, go red in cold weather and break out heavily when it's my time of the month. (You know what I mean girls!)

My skin has quite a bit of scarring though and this is due to going on the pill when I was 17. Completely ruined my life. I never got spots before then, I hardly wore makeup either so it was a win-win back in the day. However, the pill made my skin develop terrible acne and it's never been the same since. Scarring is so annoying because it looks like my skin is really spotty but it's not and all I want it healthy looking skin, a bit depressing really...

These days, I have just learned to accept that my skin will never be perfect. I have a simple skincare routine that I've recently grown to love and it works well with my sensitive skin and thought I would share the products I use with you today. I'm clearly not a skincare expert, but this is what I find works for me. So if you have sensitive skin, you could well benefit from this post. (:


BIO OIL:
I touched lightly on the fact that I have acne scarring, so I have been using this on my face a few times a week to see if there is any difference. As it's winter, I've been using it more often as my skin has become quite dry, I use it before I go to bed and I love the lightweight feel on my skin.
L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Glow Mask: This product makes my skin feel and look amazing. This is a mask that I can genuinely say works and does what it says on the box. Once I wash this product off my face my skin has that natural glow to it that I love, I try to use this product at least once a week. I highly recommend it!


KIEHL'S ULTRA FACE CLEANSER: This is the perfect cleanser for sensitive skin, I use a face brush to apply it with a circular motion and use a flannel to wash it off, my skin feels so smooth and clean.


ORIGINS FACE BRUSH: This is the brush I use to apply the KIEHL'S cleanser to my face. It isn't too tough, which is good for my skin and works well with the product. I never used a face brush to apply cleanser before but I think I prefer it now. *I'M A CHANGED WOMAN!

Simple Face Wipes: A staple in every girls skincare routine. I have been using this wipes for years! I'm a massive fan of simple skincare, amazing for people with sensitive skin and works wonders. I always use the wipes to take off my makeup, they are full of moisture and you can rely on them to take all your makeup off without clogging up your skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE

L'Oreal Paris Triple Active Day Cream: I always use a moisturiser before applying makeup, and when my skin feels dry I tend to gravitate towards this product. It soaks into the skin quickly and doesn't feel greasy, I highly recommend it if you just want a simple moisturiser. Simple and effective! (:

If any of you have any skincare suggestions, please let me know! I'm always open to trying new products.

Tweet me @Elliemchughx
Instagram: @Elliemchugh_
Business Inquiries: whatellesdidnext@gmail.com <3

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My skin has been SO bad lately! Thank you for sharing these products - definitely need to invest in some! xXx


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica, I hope they work for you! xx

      Delete

Subscribe