MEET THE CREATOR: ELLIE MCHUGH

24 April

I've always found that talking about yourself is one of the hardest things to do. I always feel really under pressure when someone asks me something like, "so what kind of music are you into?", I freeze, I over think it and generally say "Oh I like all types of music", in hope they will take that as a respectable answer...It sounds so stupid and I annoy myself when I say things like this because in reality its such a simple question. "I'm really into Rihanna at the minute", "Oh really, that's cool, I like that song she has out with Drake". That's how the conversation should have gone, but me being the over-thinker I am, failed to keep that boat a float...

When I get asked questions like: "What career do you want?", "where do you see yourself in 10 years?", "What are your hobbies?". I don't freeze, I actually have an answer. I've always been creative. Media and English Literature were my favourite subjects at school. I can see myself working in a creative industry. Don't get me wrong, I'm currently a 20 year old women working in admin, but hey! We all have to earn a living somehow!

I enjoy photography, I'm always taking photos. Photos of different scenery's, photos of food, people, friends, family and just things I think look interesting. I'm always on tumblr and pinterest as I think they're a wicked platform to share and post photos that your "friends" on Facebook might not give two shits about. I love that there are more and more creative outlets for people these days and I think it's healthy to express yourself.

A friends family home, July 2015 

The Lourve, Paris, August 2015

I love travelling, I hope to spend my 20's visiting and experiencing new opportunities in different countries. The thought of me staying in London my entire life honestly terrifies me. The world is huge! Why wouldn't you want to see parts of it?! I hope to do some solo travelling next year. As much as I love hanging out with my friends in a foreign country, I like the idea of doing what I want when I want. I've always loved the idea of being independent and doing things for myself and not just to please others.



I was never really into makeup and fashion at a young age. I was a really late bloomer in that department. I remember telling my mum that I only wanted to wear clear mascara because I would look "so weird" if I wore black mascara, oh how naive I was! I was a bit of a tom boy till about 13, didn't really have any fashion sense and was either in a tracksuit or just a plain t-shirt and jeans. When I hit 16 going on 17, it was then I discovered makeup and wanted to dress a bit nicer, and started discovering how to dress for my body shape. A lesson I'm still trying to figure out...if it looks good on the model who isn't the same size as you, 9/10 it will not the identical on you, but try it on, but don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out...onto the next shop!

I follow so many makeup "guru's" on YouTube and Instagram these days, I think to pull off a strong makeup look it's all about confidence. I wore a strong red lip to an Adele concert last month and almost rubbed it off before I left..."Do I look like I'm trying too hard?", "This doesn't suit me at all does it?" my subconscious was telling me, but then I came to the realisation of "FUCK IT". People have done a lot worse! I took a selfie, posted that on instagram and walked out the door. I'm still trying to find what makeup styles work for me, but as it stands I think the whole "natural look" suits me best...a nude lip with a pink undertone polishes any every day look.

I've created this platform for people to be able to express their own opinions honestly and openly, me included...if you want to be apart of this new "thing", please get in touch with me!

Email me at: elliemch@hotmail.co.uk




Quick Fire Questions: (A bit sad as I'm asking myself but we'll go with it)...

Favourite song right now?: "Hair" - Little Mix (SO catchy!)

Place you really want to visit & why?: I really want to go to LA because it's hot, there's a mixture of beaches and cool shopping destinations and because I want to shout "LA BABY!" when leaving the airport...

One thing you wish you could do & can't?: Tan...Pale people problems.

Favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?: My Topshop jeans or Moschino bag...

How would your friends describe you?: A bit shy but great sense of humour.

Favourite makeup look?: Nude lips and winged eyeliner, always nude lips!

Best beauty product?: Garnier's "Summer Body" tinted moisturiser...again pale people problems...



Love Elle x



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe