MATTE LIPSTICKS

14 June

Just like the rest of the world, I am obsessed with matte lipsticks. (Thanks Kylie Jenner).

Being a self-confessed bargain queen, I hit the high street to find reasonable priced products that look and feel amazing.

The makeup brand "Sleek" have the most amazing matte lipstick collection and I stumbled upon these by accident. They are super affordable and look pretty good! Sleek is a brand that isn't that well known, in comparison to high street brands like L'Oreal or Rimmel, however is doesn't mean they're not as good. I swatched a lot of different mattes in Superdrug and Sleek impressed me the most. The product is really pigmented and drys super quick, which I really appreciated!

I thought it would be an idea to swatch each product that I have bought on my hand and then show you what they look like on my lips;


(From the top; Shabby Chic, Bittersweet & Petal)
This colour is Bittersweet and also my personal favourite. I think it's the perfect colour for my skin tone and has the perfect red undertone that doesn't clash with my hair. I would recommend this colour to anyone as I think it would look really nice on all skin colours. 
Petal is a really light pink colour which I think looks pretty cute. I think once dried on the lips its looks a lot better as when you first apply it, it doesn't have the "wow" factor. I think it's a good colour as it gives of a summer flirty vibe and doesn't look really intimidating. 
Finally, Shabby Chic. This colour looks a lot more purple on the lips than the swatch above. I'm not sure I am 100% convinced that this colour tone suits me, but again, I'm very impressed with the pigment. I think this colour would look gorgeous on girls with a darker skin tone. I also think it's the perfect autumnal colour, maybe just not on me.

Let me know if you've tried these lipsticks before or if you know of any others I should try!

Love always,

Elle x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe